Friday, July 22, 2011

The Journey

Well, well, well... Look what the cat dragged in.... It's me.

Hey internet/blog, sorry it's been so long. I've been very busy working and sleeping and then working, and not sleeping. There's a few more variations, but I'll leave those up to your imagination. Thought I'd post about my life so everyone could admire my pluck.

So, general news, I'm actually starting to get excited about going back to school. I'm really happy with my schedule and I'm officially on my way to graduating! This year is going to be pretty rough, but with enough energy and enthusiasm, I'm sure I'll be able to get through it. Anyways, I'm starting to get a little bit nervous about You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. Snoopy is kind of an interesting role. The whole thing is usually done goofy and VERY tongue in cheek. While I've played roles like this before, I'm a little intimidated by the whole dog thing. Have I started watching old Snoopy clips/youtube videos of dogs? I mean, yes. And it's helping. I'm trying to figure out what my maneurisms are going to be. I'm sure the brilliant director Dale Dreyfoos will help. It's probably going to be an epic show, so you should definitely clear your schedules. You can find out the details by going to http:///www.google.com and typing in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown ASU. Digital age, people. Get used to it. ;)

Next is the wonderful boyfriend. We hit one month as of the 19th of June and I couldn't be happier. He's amazing and that's all you need to know. If you ever get a chance to meet him, do it. He just may be one of the sweetest human beings in the history of the universe.

Continuing on to this weekend! My brother's birthday was at the very end of May [and coincidentally my Mom's birthday is tomorrow! Happy Birthday Mama!!!] and I decided that, for my present, I was going to take him to Magic Mountain! I get off of work early today to run to my Dad's office for a cheapy cheap discount on tickets! $26.00!!! From there I'm continuing my trek up to the great Anthem, Arizona. I'll stay up there and celebrate my Mama's birthday and then my brother and I are leaving on Sunday for sunny California. We'll get there early evening, spend the night at my Aunt Christy's house, and head to the park Monday morning. I'm really hoping it's not too crowded, but it's a Monday and the weather is going to be great, so I imagine there will be a few people there. And by a few I mean far too many. Anyways, we'll stay all day Monday, head back to Christy's to sleep again, and then head out on Tuesday morning for home. Oh, and the high for all the days we're going to be there is 88 degrees. Uh-huh-huh-huh. [Like the Mad TV character?]

At any rate, things are still going really well. I have a good job, a great family, the best boyfriend on the planet, and a whole slew of other fortunes. Life lesson for this week: don't think you can read into people. No one ever does it as well as they think they can. Also, stay above the influence, in general. Don't be tempted by drugs that make you feel good, or drama that brings interest to your life. Go meet someone in a park or grocery store and say hi. Maybe they're looking for a friend too. And always, always, always, always remember to capture the beauty of life. We literally only get one chance, and we all need to make it worth it. Even in this awful desert heat, you can find glimpses of beauty. Keep your eyes open, your ears alive, and think. I guess I should have said life lesson[s]... Oh, and read. ;)

Always,
24/7[evan]

No comments:

Post a Comment