Sunday, June 26, 2011

A New World, Just Beyond the Mountain

Internet. It's me. Sup. [disclaimer: I don't use sup in real life.]

Why is the world so wonderful? I'm looking out the window right now at my parent's house in Anthem, and [despite the 109 degree weather] all I can think of is how beautiful it is. There are colors and shapes. Light, movement. It's all so beautiful. Take some time today and just look around you. The world we live in is just bursting with beauty. You just have to look for it.

Update time. My week long vacation slash summer camp extravaganza is coming to an end. I got to spend some time with the people I love, reach out to some young performers, and learn a thing or two myself. I go back to work tomorrow in Tempe and I'm just [sarcasm alert] thrilled. All good things must come to an end though, or they wouldn't be good in the first place. Things with the bf are wonderful. He doesn't cease to amaze me. I got to meet some of his friends the other day and they all seemed really great. I'm looking forward to meeting more of them! 

Game night took place at my house last night. I should take a moment to explain my love of board games. Simply put, I'm obsessed with them. I really can't put it into words, but I'll do my best. I love rules and order. The math side of my brain gets off on playing a game in our world where the rules of life don't mean very much. Luck, probability, exploration, everything. It literally brings me so much joy that it's hard to contain sometimes. When I play board games, I play for blood. Ask any of my friends. We played Betrayal at the House on the Hill and this new game called Bang! If you haven't played either I highly, highly recommend you go to your local board game store [they're usually located in malls or sometimes video game stores will have board games] and buy one of them. 

Betrayal is a wonderful game by the same people who brought the world Axis and Allies, Risk, Magic the Gathering Card Game, and [of course] D&D. Betrayal is like Dungeons and Dragons, but if D&D was fun... and not weird... and shorter... Basically you take control of one of six explorers and discover rooms in this haunted mansion. At a predetermined time, an event called "The Haunt" begins. One of the players turns "traitor" and pits themselves against the remaining explorers. One of fifty different scenarios begins and they've really pulled a lot of them from the horror universe. Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, Zombies, and a whole lot more. Last night the house was transported to another dimension and we had to find our way back. Needless to say, we failed and the alien traitor killed us all. Just peachy. But it's a lot of fun and you should give me a call if you want to play. :)

Bang! was a new game that my bestie Jen's boyfriend: Will [adjectives!] brought. Firstly, the game is in Italian with poor English translations which always equals fun times. It reminded me of that classic party game Mafia where you secretly assign mobsters and they slowly kill everyone off. One person is the sheriff and the other players are outlaws, deputies, or renegades. You all have different tasks to complete and the person who completes them first wins. Obviously if you're the outlaw you want to kill the Sheriff, if you're the Sheriff you want to kill the outlaws, if you're the deputy you want to protect the sheriff, and if you're the renegade, you want to kill everyone and have a 1-on-1 with the sheriff. It's a good time.

So if you can't tell by the wall of text alone, I'm pretty obsessive about them. I've also started playing Yahtzee and Euchre on pogo.com which is soooooo amazing. No dealing, no picking up dice, fantastic. But that's another story. I'm always down for a good board, dice, or card game. :)

Oh! I've also started baking and cooking! This week, alone, I've made peanut butter cookies [with regular, mini, and pretzel m&ms], cake-batter blondies, fried rice, saute[weird squiggly e]d veggies, and cake-batter blondies... again. I'm going to post the recipe here, because they are that delicious.

Evan's Cake-Batter Blondies That He Stole But Still Wants Credit For Them:
Blondies


You will need:
One box of yellow cake mix [cheaper the better!]
1 Egg [white please!]
1/4 Cup Canola Oil [no stick!]
2/5 Cup of Milk [weird measurements!]
1/4 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles [or one small shaker!]
1/2 Bag of White Chocolate Chips [if the brand starts with "G" you're okay!]

Easy-Peasy Recipe
Start pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees. Get a bowl. Use a mixer, a spoon, or your hands and combine the cake mix, the egg, and the oil until you get a mushy, crumbly mix. You'll need a mixer for this next part, so you might as well use it the whole time. Add in the 2/5 cup of milk [I say 2/5 because it's between 1/3 and 1/2 aka the perfect amount] very, very slowly so you get a thick, thick, thick, thick [do you get it?] mixture. You want it thick so the blondies are still gooey and batter... ey... Once the milk is added, combine the sprinkles and white chocolate chips by hand. Take out an 8x8 [that's the square one] brownie pan and spray the bejeezles out of it with canola spray, butter spray, or any other spray. [so the blondies don't stick!] Put your delicious mixture within and bake for 25 minutes. When they're done, you'll think to yourself, "These don't look done! They're still mushy in the middle! WTF 24/7[evan]!?!" Relax. Please. They're supposed to be that way. Let them cool for 20 minutes. You may be tempted to eat one, but don't!!! It'll all be so worth it, I promise.

And there you have it. Delicious, gooey, cake-battery, blondies! Yum! They're fairly inexpensive and oh-so-easy to boot! Try them out and leave me a comment!

Well, that's about enough blogging for the day. My family and I are going out to breakfast, so I must bid you adieu. As always, thank you for reading. Wish me luck as I head back to real life balancing a wonderful man, a tedious job, a stressful family, and monetary expenses!

Your's,
24/7[evan]

No comments:

Post a Comment